What’s it like to learn online at Notre Dame de Namur University (NDNU)? Thanks to a user-friendly suite of interactive, online learning tools and a dedicated team of faculty and staff for support, it’s not much different than on-campus education. With NDNU’s online programs, however, you can earn your degree in a manner that offers more convenience and flexibility than traditional classroom-based programs.
As an online student at Notre Dame de Namur University, you’ll have access to all the support that is available to on-campus learners, including academic advisement and financial aid counseling. Plus, online students get live, 24/7 technical support to make sure you are able to work when you need to.
Inside the Web-based learning system, all online coursework will be completed and exams taken. You’ll submit assignments through the system and participate in lively discussion forums to connect with other students and professors to ask questions, exchange ideas and discuss thoughts on the course material.
Help is never far away if you need it. Professors are dedicated to helping you achieve your educational and professional goals and are available via email, discussion boards, and even the phone. Since 1851, NDNU has been proud to give students the support they need to succeed, and that commitment is the same for online students. In fact, every online student is paired with a dedicated faculty advisor who can provide academic guidance and career advice throughout the entire online degree program.
Below are the hardware and software system requirements to take online courses at NDNU
Minimum Hardware Requirements:
- 700 MHz Pentium III processor-equipped computer (Windows PC) or 500 MHz PowerPC-equipped Macintosh
- Sound card and speakers
- 256 MB of RAM
- 20 GB free hard drive space
- CD-ROM drive
- 56k modem with Internet access. High speed Internet access is recommended via a cable modem or DSL line
- Windows XP or later or Mac OS X
- Microsoft Office 2000 or later (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Email account
- Web browser: Internet Explorer 6.x or later (PC), Netscape 7.2 or later (PC), Mozilla Firefox (PC/Mac) or Safari 1.2 or later (Mac)
- Web browser should be updated with the latest plug-ins for Java, Shockwave and Adobe Flash
- *Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or later
- Virus protection software (McAfee/Norton Anti Virus or similar)
If you have any other questions about system requirements or online learning, please contact an admissions advisor at 855-275-1088 or request more information.