Online learning is the most convenient way for international students to earn a degree from an American university. Once accepted into NDNU’s online programs, international students can pursue cutting-edge, business-oriented degrees that function as preparation for careers in the United States and abroad.
Students who live outside the U.S. while pursuing an online degree from NDNU do not need a student visa and are not required to fulfill the other pre-requisites for immigration into the United States. Once accepted into the University, international students can begin taking online classes right away and earn the very same degree offered to students on campus.
International students must meet the same basic admissions requirements as domestic learners (see our Frequently Asked Questions page for details). In addition, all international students whose previous education was attained outside the United States must submit the following when applying to NDNU:
- Official Notre Dame de Namur University application
- Official English translations of transcripts from previous institutions of higher learning and a full credit evaluation. These services are available from World Education Services or the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
- Official TOEFL scores (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS scores (International English Language Testing Service)
- Recommended TOEFL scores: 213 (computer-based test), 550 (paper-based test) or 100 (Internet-based test)
- Recommended IELTS score: 7 or greater
- For scores below these thresholds, a separate English assessment and English courses may be required
All documents provided to NDNU must be original and official. Faxes, photocopies or electronic scans cannot be accepted.
International students who do plan to reside in the U.S. during their studies must obtain an I-20 form from NDNU and an F-1 student visa.